in ,

Art gallery of Ontario – Musée des beaux-arts de l’Ontario

Art Gallery of Ontario - Musée des beaux-arts de l'Ontario

The Art Gallery of Ontario (Musée des beaux-arts de l’Ontario) is an art museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This was established in 1900 as the Art Museum of Toronto by a group of private citizens and members of the Toronto Society and formally incorporated by the Government of Ontario three years later by legislation in 1903. After that, it was renamed to the Art Gallery of Toronto in 1919. The property founders included George A. Cox, Lady Eaton, Sir Joseph W. Flavelle, J. W. L. Forster, E. F. B. Johnston, Sir William Mackenzie, Hart A. Massey, Prof. James Mavor, F. Nicholls, Sir Edmund Osler, Sir Henry M. Pellatt, George Agnew Reid, Byron Edmund Walker, Mrs. H. D. Warren, E.R. Wood, and Frank P. Wood.

The Art Gallery of Ontario Pictures

Art Gallery of Ontario exhibition hall
Art Gallery of Ontario interior
Art Gallery of Ontario building complex
Art Gallery of Ontario entrance
Art museum in Toronto
Museum in the art gallery

The Art Gallery of Ontario is located in the Grange Park neighborhood of downtown Toronto, on Dundas Street West between McCaul and Beverley streets. This building complex takes up 45,000 square meters of physical space. It has confirmed that The Art Gallery of Ontario is one of the largest art museums in North America. In addition to exhibition spaces, the Art Gallery of Ontario is also equipped with an artist-in-residence office and studio, dining facilities, event spaces, a gift shop, library and archives, a theatre and lecture hall, a research center, and a workshop.

There were several expansion projects conducted after incorporation by the Government in 1903. The first series of expansions occurred in 1918, 1924, and 1935, designed by Darling and Pearson. The Art Gallery of Ontario has undergone four major expansions and renovations Since 1974. exhibitions continued to be held in the rented spaces at the Toronto Public Library branch until June 1913 and the current occupants acquired the property shortly after the death of Harriet Boulton Smith in 1909. After a few years when The Grange was formally opened as the art museums in 1911, the museum management made an agreement with the municipal government of Toronto to maintain the grounds south of The Grange as a municipal park.

Musée des beaux-arts de l’Ontario
Musée des beaux-arts de l’Ontario Canada

The Art Gallery of Ontario restarted its operation and doors opened for the public on 23rd July 2020.

Related videos of The Art Gallery of Ontario

Progress Palace | AGO "How to Build a House Museum" installation.

Art Gallery of Ontario inaugura “Guillermo del Toro, en casa con monstruos”

Erotic sexual love making by two couples at Art Gallery of Ontario


Written by Anthony Peter

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Loading…

0

Hair transplant

Christmas story book

The elf on the shelf