Eye strain is a common symptom that occurs when your eyes get tired from intense use. Eye strain can happen while driving long distances, working at computer or staring at computer screens / other digital devices or reading books for extended periods. Eyestrain can be annoying and If you have any eye discomfort caused by looking at something for a long time, you can call it eye strain.
Although long time exposure to bright light can result in eye strain. But there is no known permanent eye damage associated with Eyestrain. Comely, instances of eye strain will resolve even without medication, if the cause of the condition is eliminated.
Symptoms and signs of eye strain
- Tired, burning or itching eyes.
- Watery or dry eyes.
- Blurred or double vision.
- Sore neck, shoulders or back.
- Increased sensitivity to light.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Feeling that you cannot keep your eyes open.
Do glasses can overcome the eye strain?
By wearing glasses for eye strain, the lenses can help your eyes to focus much easier and it will be optimized for reducing eye strain. glasses can help you benefit from high resolution vision, supporting you when you’re working on a computer or driving to a holiday destination.
Consequences of eye strain
The term “eye strain” is commonly used by people to describe a group eyes related vague symptom. Eye strain is a symptom, not an eye disease but it can be uncomfortable. Although there are no permanent consequences or not lead to any eye damage. Eye strain will not damage your eyes or change their anatomy.
How to protect from eye strain
- Blink often to refresh your eyes.
- Take eye breaks at lease every 15 minutes.
- Check the lighting and reduce glare.
- When you are working with a computer, Adjust your monitor brightness.
- Use a document holder to avoid paper moving when write.
Self-care tips for eye strain
Recommended position should be 20 to 30 inches away from your monitor. When it comes to color combinations, your eyes prefer black text on a white or slightly yellow background. Other than that, dark-on-light combinations work fine for most people. Make sure to avoid low contrast text or background color schemes.