Vegetable kurma is a delicious spiced curry from the Asian countries. Kurma is also called as korma. There are many variants in making korma. There are 2 types of kurma recipes made with mixed veggies, coconut and spices.
1. Hotel Style Vegetable Kurma made in a pressure cooker on the stovetop. You can also make it in pan.
2. Mix Veggie Korma made in an Instant Pot (Vegan).
Kurma is a curry made using veggies or meat along with yogurt, coconut, spices and nut or seed paste. Veg kurma is a side dish made with mixed vegetables, spices, coconut, poppy seeds or cashews and herbs. Based on the regions, the ingredients used to make a korma recipe are different.
The key ingredients to make a flavorful vegetable kurma are the tempering spices like bay leaf, star anise, fennel, mace, cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon. These spices and coconut paste bring in to the vegetable kuram. Veg korma can also be made without onion and garlic on occasions.
—Preparation of Veg Kurma—
1. Add fennel seeds, fried gram, coconut and cashew nuts. You can replace poppy seeds with coconut, or cashew nuts with poppy seeds.
Skipping cashews and poppy seeds both may not lend a good taste. If you do not have a blender to make a paste, then just use 3/4 cup thick yogurt the taste will be different but still good.
2. Pour little water and make a fine paste then heat oil in a pot and add bay leaf, star anise, jeera, cloves, cinnamon stick. Also, you can add a single strand of mace if you like the fragrance
3. After that add in very finely chopped onions or onion paste and green chili. Sauté until the onions turn pink then the raw smell of the onions must go away.
4. Then add ginger garlic paste, it has turmeric in it. Sauté until the raw smell of the paste has gone away. Add in chopped tomatoes and salt.
Table of Contents
Ingredients of Vegetable Kurma
5. After, fry until the tomatoes turn completely soft and mushy then add chili powder, coriander leaves, garam masala and saunf powder. If you don’t have saunf/fennel seeds powder then add garam masala and saunf to a blender jar and powder well. Then add the coconut cashew paste.
6. Mix and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until the coconut smells good. Then add chopped potatoes, beans, carrots, peas, and cauliflower. Again, mix everything well and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes without burning.
7. Finally, add water just enough to cover the veggies and add salt as well and stir then cook on a medium flame until the veggies are cooked, after taste the veg kurma and add coriander leaves and switch off. Now You can taste a delicious veg kurma.
Vegetable Kurma Recipes Videos
Veg kurma / mix vegetable korma
Vegetable Kurma | Veg Kurma Recipe
Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe| Vegetable Kurma|simple veg curry| How to make it.
Veg Kurma Recipe | Vegetable Kurma Recipe | Mixed Vegetable Kurma Recipe | |
Vegetable Kurma Images