This very easy playdough recipe UK is the perfect way to spend an afternoon with family. It is quick enough to keep a young child’s attention and you only want a few store cupboard ingredients. You can play with the results straight away.
Prep: 10 minutes for Serves: 4
• 250g plain flour
• 50g salt
• 140ml water
• 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• few drops food coloring (optional)
1. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl and get a separate bowl mix together the water with few drops of food coloring and the oil.
2. Pour the colored water into the flour mix and bring together with a spoon.
3. Dust a work surface with a little flour and turn out the dough. Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth, pliable dough. If you want a more extreme color you can work in a few extra drops of food coloring.
4. Finally, Store in the fridge to keep it fresh.
You can make a batch of colors and give away as kids’ party bag favours or hold a playdough party for your kid’s next birthday.